The great Union House stood on the corner of West Main Street and North Union Street.
It was one of three great hotels in Cambridge that drew visitors from the Great Cambridge Fair,
Race Track and nearby lakes. The original Union House was built in the 1880’s, by Perry Eldred,
and later burned. The replacement shown here in this 1906 postcard was damaged by fire in 1918
and partially demolished. Portions of the building (West wing) remain today serving as apartments
and until recently the Union House Restaurant.